Chicken Piccata Recipe
Chicken Piccata Recipe Ingredients:
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
For the Piccata Sauce:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or you can use more chicken broth)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Chicken Piccata Recipe Instructions:
1. Prepare the Chicken:
- If your chicken breasts are really thick, you might want to ask an adult to help you cut them in half horizontally so they cook more evenly.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Don’t be shy, but don’t use too much!
2. Dredge the Chicken:
- Put the flour on a plate or in a shallow dish. Take each piece of chicken and press it into the flour on both sides so it gets a light coating. Shake off any extra flour.
3. Cook the Chicken:
- Ask an adult to help you heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, carefully add the chicken. Cook it for about 4-5 minutes on each side until it’s golden brown and cooked through. You want it to be crispy on the outside but still juicy on the inside.
4. Make the Piccata Sauce: (Chicken Piccata Recipe)
- This part is fun! With the help of an adult, pour the chicken broth, white wine (or more chicken broth if you’re not using wine), and lemon juice into the skillet. Scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the yummy bits into the sauce. Add the capers. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes so it thickens a little.
5. Finish the Dish of Chicken Piccata Recipe
- Stir in the butter until it melts and makes the sauce glossy. This is what chefs call “mounting” the sauce with butter. It makes it extra delicious.
- Put the cooked chicken back in the skillet, turning it to coat it in the tasty sauce. Let it heat through for a couple of minutes.
- Plate your chicken and pour some of that amazing sauce over the top. Sprinkle on some chopped parsley for a fancy touch.
- Time to dig in! The lemony, buttery sauce should make the chicken super tasty. Serve it with some pasta, rice, or veggies on the side if you like.
And that’s it! You just made Chicken Piccata Recipe. Great job!