Creamy Tomato Pasta Recipe:
- 8 oz (225g) penne or your favorite pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz/400g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for some heat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (50g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
CREAMY TOMATO PASTA Instructions:
1. Cook the Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
2. Make the Sauce:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, red pepper flakes (if using), salt, and pepper. Stir well.
3. Simmer the Sauce:
- Bring the tomato mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the flavors to meld and the sauce to thicken.
4. Add Cream:
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken slightly.
5. Combine Pasta and Sauce:
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, tossing to coat it evenly with the creamy tomato sauce.
- If the sauce seems too thick, you can add a little reserved pasta water to reach your desired consistency.
6. Finish and Serve:
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted and well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley if desired.
- Serve the creamy tomato pasta hot, and enjoy your delicious meal!