Velveeta Mac and Cheese Full Recipe
- 8 oz (about 2 cups) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: breadcrumbs, crispy bacon bits, or chopped fresh parsley
Instructions of Velveeta Mac and Cheese Recipe:
Step 1: Cook the Macaroni
- Boil Water: In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add the elbow macaroni and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Cheese Sauce
- Prepare Roux: In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk continuously to create a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes until it turns a light golden color.
- Add Milk: Gradually pour in the milk while whisking to avoid lumps. Continue whisking until the mixture thickens, usually 5-7 minutes.
- Incorporate Cheeses: Add the Velveeta and shredded cheddar to the sauce. Stir until the cheeses are fully melted and the sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Combine Sauce and Macaroni
- Combine with Macaroni: Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce, stirring until the pasta is evenly coated.
Step 4: Serve
- Optional Toppings: If desired, top the mac and cheese with breadcrumbs for a crunchy texture, crispy bacon bits for added flavor, or chopped fresh parsley for a burst of freshness.
- Serve Hot: Spoon the creamy Velveeta mac and cheese into bowls and serve immediately while it’s hot and gooey.
Learn more Low Carb Rice Recipe
- Customize the Cheeses: Feel free to experiment with different cheese blends for a unique flavor profile.
- Creamy Consistency: If the sauce is too thick, you can add more milk gradually until you achieve the desired creamy consistency.
- Make it a Meal: Add cooked and diced ham, sautéed vegetables, or grilled chicken for a heartier meal.
- Reheating: When reheating leftovers, add a splash of milk to maintain the creamy texture.
Enjoy your homemade Velveeta mac and cheese! It’s a comforting dish that’s sure to please both kids and adults alike.