Greek Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Couscous:
- In a medium saucepan, bring water or vegetable broth to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous, cover the pan, and remove it from heat.
- Let it sit, covered, for about 5 minutes, allowing the couscous to absorb the liquid.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork to separate the grains.
- Prepare the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble the Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked couscous, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, red onion, and fresh parsley.
- Add the Dressing:
- Pour the prepared dressing over the salad ingredients.
- Toss and Refrigerate:
- Gently toss all the ingredients until well coated with the dressing.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, give the salad a final toss.
- Garnish with additional feta cheese and parsley if desired.
- Serve your Greek Couscous Salad as a refreshing side dish or a light main course.
- Pair it with grilled chicken, fish, or enjoy it on its own.
- For added protein, consider adding grilled chicken, shrimp, or chickpeas.
- Customize the salad with additional vegetables like bell peppers or artichoke hearts.
- Adjust the dressing ingredients to suit your taste preferences.
This Greek Couscous Salad is not only easy to prepare but also a burst of Mediterranean flavors in every bite. Enjoy the freshness and vibrant colors of this delightful dish!